Sunday, April 29, 2012

End of School...

Its almost time. The timebomb that has been in our brain has almost set itself off (The explosion being slacking off and just enjoying every freaking thing around you.) In the duration of the several months we are in school, almost all of them we find hard to wake up to in the morning. The days blend together, and we find ourselves trapped in a whirpool of repetitiveness and schedule. But there is the few weeks left of school, and this is the time that we look forward to ALL. FREAKING. YEAR.

The end of the school year is by far the best time of the calander year, aside from June-August. But even including summer, the last days of school are so much fun, considering you are with all your friends, your teachers don't give a crap, and its basically a party. Expecially because this is our 9th grade year, and we advance up a building a building next year. (Although, Layton High does sort of lack a ceiling... not that we need one). But for 9th graders this year, we have Lagoon day (which I snuck into last year), the 9th grade dance, and other fun stuff to do. But one of the best perks about the end of school is the fact that its just over. Done. You don't have to worry about waking up every morning at 6:30 and doing your homework the night before. You don't have to worry about getting enough sleep. You don't have to freak out about nearly ANYTHING. Why? Because we are so close to summer.

I would like to, if you would allow me, to show you what the word "Summer" paints in my head. I have this porch in my backyard, that has really nice couches and strings of lights and cool curtains. So imagine sitting on this porch with some friends at night, with a slight breeze blowing the drapes a little. Down the stairs, you have my pool, which looks really beautiful at night with the underwater lights on, and the slide going. Then you have the firepit, which, come on, is the PERFECT summer add-on. Sitting on the couch, I am sometimes just filled with this feeling that nothing else can give me. Its almost unreal to me. That, my friends, is what summer means to me.

Now, here is somewhat of a warning. Towards the end of the year, we all slack off. The time bomb I talked about prematurly detonates, leaving you with summer fever, with summer still out of reach. Then you are left with end of level tests and unfinished assignments in your way, while you are too preoccupied with the promise of sleeping in and lazy sunny days. Then your grades tank, and you get yelled at by your parents. I know the situation all too well. SO STAY PRODUCTIVE!

As you can tell, I'm excited for summer, as I'm sure you all are as well. Well, until next week, farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment