Monday, April 23, 2012

Music and Such...

You would think that I would eventually run out of music to listen to, but you would be sadly mistaken. Yes, thats right. Music...Part Three. Just to let you know, I still have my same theory on music, which was that I can never chose a favorite band or favorite song, because like I said in the first music post, picking my favorite music is like picking a favorite child. I love them all, as long as the songs have a good meaning and a catchy beat. I don't want to hear One Direction sing about what makes me beautiful every second line. I like music I can relate to. Which basically rules out all rap songs, because I don't plan on "smokin' a joint" or "slappin' some booty" any time soon. It rules out some of country, considering I'm not married and I have never lived on a farm, which is basically what country songs are about. But in this small essay I'm going to update you on my new passions.

Have you ever listened to a certain song or band, and soon get flooded with old memories that went along with them? Well this exact thing happened to me just a couple days ago. I was listening to a song from Panic! At the Disco, and I swear, I could see my summer of 2011 flash before my eyes. So latly, I've been listening to some of them, because I simply cannot stand the thought of staying in school another month, so I prefer my mind to be somewhere else. Other then them, I've been listeing to Neon Trees, Bon Iver, Fall Out Boy, Young the Giant, Foster the People, Mayday Parade, and City and Colour. Just single-song wise, I've been listening to Somebody That I Used To Know-Gotye, Coffee's for Closers-Fall Out Boy, Everybody Talks-Neon Trees, Too Close-Alex Clare, End of All Time-Stars of Track and Field, Wash-Bon Iver, Stay-Mayday Parade, Cough Syrup- Young the Giant, and even some musical songs.

Lately, I've been noticing that songs from musicals are actually really good. I've always thought that they were good, I mean, don't get me wrong. But I've noticed that they're actually fun to have on your iPod. (FF: I made productions at Layton High. Go Jack.) Right now I have songs from The Last Five Years, Spamalot, Footloose, Aida, Guys and Dolls, and Les Mis on my playlist, and right now I am buying some of the music from Curtains (Layton High's musical next year).

Lets digress a little here, and talk about movies. Some good movies I've seen lately are: Titanic (again) The Lucky One, The Hunger Games, The Lorax, The Vow, and The Woman in Black, which were all pretty good. I really liked The Lorax, I thought that they did a great job on it. The Hunger Games was really good, but did not live up to the expectations that the book had set for me. The Vow was pretty good, but it was hard to pay attention to the story line when Rachel McAdams is so freakin' hot. The Lucky One was actually not that bad. I went into it thinking that it would just be another chick flick, but the actors were talented, it was stressful, and even funny at times. And the girl in that was also pretty attractive as well.

Anyway, so yeah. I'll probably write another media post in a month or so. (yes, I plan on keeping this blog going, just not so frequent.) But until next week, Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment